Our guided kayak trip on the Madison River is a great way to experience the scenery, history, and wildlife of the local Bozeman area. With the combination of our experienced tour guides and sit on top kayaks, we ensure a trip to remember. Be on the lookout for Montana wildlife such as: fish, deer, beaver, and eagles. All possible to see as you navigate your way downstream. While experiencing this journey, our guides will share with you their knowledge on the geography and history of notable reference points. These reference points include the Lewis and Clark expedition of 1802 and the Bozeman Trail of the 1860’s. The Madison flows East of the Continental Divide and is a headwater to the great Missouri River.
Call Now to Book Your 2020 Trip!
Prepare for the Weather
Plan ahead and check the weather forecast before your trip so you can prepare accordingly. We will continue our trips in light weather conditions. Keep in mind weather conditions can change on the water and encountering heavy rain or wind is always possible.
Sunscreen is highly suggested, especially when the sun is a blazin’.
What to Wear
- Wear shoes that lace up or strap on, that you don’t mind getting wet.
- Quick dry clothing is always a good choice. When cooler weather is expected a fleece or wind breaker will be nice to have.
- Again, whether the sun is out or not, sunscreen is very important to ensure you stay happy for your float.
What to Bring
- Be prepared for the Sun with: Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Chapstick and a Hat.
(Our guides love cool hats. Points awarded for cool hats, but make sure they are secure or have a strap in case of wind 🙂 )
- Feel free to bring your own water/snack.
- Dry Bags and waterproof cases are always a good call for any valuables you choose to take with you.
- A stellar attitude is a must for a great time yakin’.
Custom Group Tours
Book us for your next office or group activity. The short half day trips are a great getaway and provide a unique local experience. We can provide custom trips for: Corporate Outings, Team Building Activities, Family Gatherings, Wedding Groups and More! Call or email for booking availability and information.
Waiver / Disclaimer
A moderate level of fitness is suggested for the activities offered by Bozeman Kayak Company. We do not suggest you participate in our activities if you are pregnant or have any medical conditions. We reserve the right to refuse service to patrons.
Download waiver here…
For No Shows, the trip is fully charged.
For Cancelations less than 24hrs before scheduled departure time we reserve the right to charge 10% of the trip cost.
For Group Cancellation 2 week notice required.
Bozeman Kayak Company Rendezvous Point
2121 W. Main St., Bozeman